The names of twelve of the (lucky) thirteen participants in this year’s edition of the ICEX Training Program in Spanish Gastronomy have been released.
This year’s group of young chefs hails from twelve different countries, and they will make their way to Spain to begin this prestigious twenty-one-week program on June 9th.
This year’s participants are the following:
– Sabine Caubarrère of the Instituto Argentino de Gastronomía (Argentina)
– Carla F. Castro of the Canadian Food & Wine Institute at Niagara College (Canada)
– Blaz Kostanjsek of the Vocational College for Catering and Tourism Maribor (Slovenia)
– Nigel Joseph Lobo of the Oberoi Centre of Learning and Development (India)
– Ciarán Doule of the School of Culinary Arts & Food Technology (Ireland)
– Kouta Kobayashi of the Tsuji Academy Technical College (Japan)
– Sylwester Kosciuk of the Academy of Hotel Management and Catering Industry, Poznan (Poland)
– Quan Xing Liang of the International Hotel & Tourism School (Singapore)
– Liezl Vermeulen of the Institute of Culinary Arts (South Africa)
– Sandro Zinggeler of the Allgemeine Berufsschule Zürich (Switzerland)
– Nickolas Palamaro of the Culinary Institute of America (USA)
– Miriam Sophia Much of the Seattle Culinary Academy (USA)
The thirteenth spot, which will fall to Mexico, will be filled by the winner of the upcoming DO Ribera del Duero competition for young Mexican Culinary Professionals.
Additionally, these six young chefs were named alternates: Maricruz Herrera (Costa Rica), Samuel Envall Utbult (Denmark), Kiley Fraley (USA), Harry Colley (Ireland), Ioana Deborah Filote (Portugal) and Dang Thi Le My (Vietnam).
Congratulations to all the new participants!